In order to facilitate a move from the existing Latent Zero front office interim platform to an alternative strategic market leading Order Management System (OMS) platform, a data management solution was required to migrate the following information from their current Fund Accounting System (FAS) to the OMS platform.
- Security data
- Account data
- Position data
- Issuer data
- Supporting reference data
ReformIS and Cadis EDM consultancy solution:
A joint ReformIS and Cadis EDM consultancy team provided business analysis, data management, development and testing resources to the client for the duration of the project. The project was dual site in London and Paris and had to manage the delivery of requirements across both locations.
The approach taken by the team was to split the delivery of the interface into a number of work streams and employ the Cadis data management best practice methodology. The work streams are described below:
Work Stream 1 – Security data including OTC instruments
- Import and data type the FAS Security data
- Import and data type FAS data that supports the OTC instruments
- Align and map FAS security data
- Enrich FAS Security data with supporting Bloomberg data
- Validate securities against held position records
- Put FAS securities through the CADIS DataMatcher to assign a Cadis ID
- Enrich supporting OTC data with the Cadis ID
- Run Vertical and Horizontal Inspections where required to validate data against other sources
- Map Security data to the Security Master table.
Work Stream 2 – Account data
- Import and data type the FAS Account data
- Align and map FAS account data
- Map FAS Account data to the Account Master table to create Cadis Account Id.
- Enrich Positions with the Cadis Account Id
Work Stream 3 – Position data
- Import and data type the FAS Positions data
- Align and map Positions data
- Validate positions against Account records
- Map FAS Positions data to the Positions Master table.
Work Stream 4 – Supporting reference data
- Import and data type the FAS reference data
- Validate all reference data against securities held in the FAS security table